Grab the attention of your audience without saying a word!
Effective presentations are more than just the tool they are created with. With the right design, a great message can be delivered with a punch! Don’t let the wrong design weaken your message. Use these impressive Google Slides hacks to grab the attention of your audience and keep it!
Layer Objects for Added Effect & Depth
Use the “Shape” tool to choose a variety of shapes and callouts.
- Choose the desired “Shape” to create an object on the Slide.
- Click and Drag to create an object the desired size.
- Click on the original object
- Choose “Ctrl + C” to copy
- Then, “Ctrl + V” to paste
- Depth w/Shadows
- To create depth, use the fill tool (the paint can) to fill with your chosen (usually darker) color.
- Hold the “Ctrl + the down arrow” to drop the dark filled object behind the original. (Order)
- Click and drag to the desired position.
- Added effects
- To create added effects, use the “Ctrl + C” to copy
- Click and drag from the corner to shrink or enlarge. (Hold the Shift key to constrain proportions.)
- Then, drag to desired position.
- Depth w/Shadows
Use “Mask Image” to Create Powerful Special Effects
Create a Split Image to draw attention to exactly what you wish your audience to see. Use the “Mask Image” tool to create this hack.
- First select an image.
- Choose “Insert”, then “Image”
- Go to “Search” and find insert an image.
- Next, mask the image and duplicate.
- Double click the image
- Chose the “Mask image” tool
- Select image by clicking once to resize and reshape
- Drag corners to resize (hold shift to constrain dimensions)
- Drag yellow diamond to change width, height, and corner dimensions of shape.
- Double click image to adjust frame size or to adjust position of image.
- Drag corners to resize frame
- Click and drag image to adjust position of image within the frame.
- Rinse and Repeat for duplicate images adjusting according to desired effect.